Recipe Yellow chili cod with Garden Peas
Paqu Jaya Fermented Yellow Chili Sauce
Fermented Peruvian Yellow chilies blended with ginger, turmeric and white miso in small batches. Served in glass bottles, free from sugar, gluten and artificial ingredients. Delicious as a condiment, marinade and chef’s ingredient. Suggested pairing with white meat, poultry, fish, rice.
Interesting fact: This is a Nikkei recipe. Nikkei is a fusion of Peruvian and Japanese cuisine and has become famous in recent years, notably through the success of Nobu.
Yellow chili cod with Garden Peas
- 1 generous sized white fish filet (e.g. cod, halibut, plaice)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Fresh garlic (1 clove, smashed)
- ½ white onion (sliced)
- 1 cup (fish stock)
- 3 tablespoons Paqu Jaya Fermented Yellow Sauce
- White wine (generous splash)
- 1 cup Garden peas (cooked)
- Parsley (handful of fresh, chopped)
- Salt & white pepper (to taste)
- Option: unsalted butter, Paqu Jaya limo chili flakes, Caviar.
- Heat oil, add garlic and onion, gently sweat, add white wine and cook out alcohol.
- To the pan, add fish stock, Paqu Jaya Yellow chili sauce, stir once, add fish, cover and simmer over medium/low heat.
- Cook for approx 5 minutes, remove fish, add peas and heat gently.
- Reduce or dilute sauce according to desire.
- Option, add knob of butter, sprinkle with parsley and limo chili flakes. Season to taste. Serve with Basmati rice or new potatoes. For total luxury, decorate with a spoon of caviar.